10.30.2010

Do We Give a Damn?


"I’m very concerned about the plight of the international global warming phenomenon.
I knew it was coming, but I wish they would have gotten people’s interest sooner.
But it’s never too late. It’s been described as a runaway train;
if we don’t stop it, we’ll never get it back. So we have to fix it, now.
That’s what I was trying to do with “Earth Song,” “Heal the World,” “We Are the World,” writing those songs to open up people’s consciousness.
I wish people would listen to every word."
~ Michael Jackson ~

Recently, there are several natural disasters happened in my country, Indonesia.
On October 25th, 2010, earthquakes followed by tsunami hits Mentawai Island, Sumatra (Indonesia). And 2 days later, a volcano erupted from Merapi Mountain, Central Java province (Indonesia). Thus Merapi itself means "Mountain of Fire", but that doesn't mean that we all had prepared for this disaster....
Maybe we all wonder, "why Indonesia?" Please learn here, "Pacific Ring of Fire", as it is noted that the volcanoes in Indonesia are among the most active of the Pacific Ring of Fire, others than in Chile, United States, and other countries the in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

The Earth is Mad
Many earthquakes had happened, but most of us don't know the exact number. I calculate the total of the last 4 years earthquakes from wikipedia list, and found:
On 2007, there are 25 earthquakes with min. magnitude of 6.1 SR and the maximum: 8.5 SR which happened in Sumatra Island, Indonesia.
on 2008, in total 24 earthquakes with min. magnitude of 5.8 SR and the maximum: 7.9 SR, was in Sichuan Province, China
on 2009, decreased into 20 earthquakes with min. magnitude of 5.4 SR and the maximum: 8.1 SR, happened in Samoa Island, followed by the tsunami
And, 2010, up to October, we already had 24 earthquakes with min. 5.6 SR and maximum 8.8 SR that was happened lately in Mentawai Island, Sumatra (Indonesia), also followed by tsunami.

In average of 20 earthquakes every year, but then look at this table below
(click to enlarge) source

2 of the ten deadliest natural disasters, had happened in recent years: 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami and 2010 Haiti Earthquake.......
And, not also mentioned about the global warming phenomenon...

Do we give a damn?

"We don’t look to man to fix the problems of the world, we don’t. They can’t do it.
That’s how I see it. It’s beyond us.
Look, we don’t have control over the grounds, they can shake.
We don’t have control over the seas, they can have tsunamis.
We don’t have control over the skies, there are storms.
We’re all in God’s hands.
I think that man has to take that into consideration."
~ Michael Jackson ~


"I respect the secrets and magic of nature.
That's what makes me so angry when I see these things that are happening in our world.
That every second I hear the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon.
I mean, that kind of stuff really bothers me.
That's why I write these kinds of songs. You know, to give some sense of awareness and awakening and hope to people.

I love...I love the planet. I love trees. I have this thing for trees. And the colours and the changing of leaves. I loove it! And I respect those kinds of things.

I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet. Cause the planet is sick. Like a fever.
If we don't fix is now, it is at the point of no return.
This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have.
It is like a runaway train. When the time is come, this is it.

People are always saying,
"Oh," they think, "They'll take care of it."
"The Government'll do..." "Done with that..." "They'll..."
They who?? It starts with us. It's US! Or else it'll never be done.
We have four years to get it right. After that it would be irreversible.
Let's take care of the planet!
~ Michael Jackson, This Is It, 2009 ~

1 comment:

  1. Michael Jackson was right in all of his words. That's why he was amazing in every aspect.

    ReplyDelete